Created on Monday, 05 September 2011 19:43
Written by Zoe Blunt
This Belongs to Us! Save Juan de Fuca Park Tuesday
i all; this is it! The high point of the democratic process for the Marine Trail Resort is tomorrow, Tuesday Sept 6.
The public hearing begins at 5 pm and we kick off a rally and barbecue at 4, on the lawn of Edward Milne school at 62`8 Sooke Road, Sooke.
Please come and give your opinion Juan de Fuca forestlands and wildlife, or 257 vacation homes, septic fields, paved driveways and a helipad on the park boundary.
This is the last chance for public comment on this destructive project.
What's at stake:
- The integrity of a 17-km stretch of Juan de Fuca trail
- Habitat for elk, mink, bears, cougars, sea lions, otters, and more
- The future of the regional growth strategy against urban sprawl
How to get to the hearing:
- The #61 bus from downtown Victoria stops in front of the school
- Two chartered coaches and carpools are leaving from the UVic SUB at 3 pm and the McPherson Theatre at Pandora and Govt at 3:15
- The Galloping Goose goes right to the school
3:30 come early to help set up!
4 pm BBQ, music
4:15 songs and speakers
5 pm public hearing begins
Please be prepared to speak or bring a letter stating whether you are in favour of this sort of development along the park.
You can also send a letter by Wednesday at 5 pm:
This is the last chance for public comment. Don't miss out! After this comes the next phase of action.