Created on Tuesday, 06 September 2011 04:43
Written by Zoe Blunt
This Belongs to Us! Save Juan de Fuca Park Tuesday
i all; this is it! The high point of the democratic process for the Marine Trail Resort is tomorrow, Tuesday Sept 6.
The public hearing begins at 5 pm and we kick off a rally and barbecue at 4, on the lawn of Edward Milne school at 62`8 Sooke Road, Sooke.
Please come and give your opinion Juan de Fuca forestlands and wildlife, or 257 vacation homes, septic fields, paved driveways and a helipad on the park boundary.
This is the last chance for public comment on this destructive project.
What's at stake:
- The integrity of a 17-km stretch of Juan de Fuca trail
- Habitat for elk, mink, bears, cougars, sea lions, otters, and more
- The future of the regional growth strategy against urban sprawl
How to get to the hearing:
- The #61 bus from downtown Victoria stops in front of the school
- Two chartered coaches and carpools are leaving from the UVic SUB at 3 pm and the McPherson Theatre at Pandora and Govt at 3:15
- The Galloping Goose goes right to the school
3:30 come early to help set up!
4 pm BBQ, music
4:15 songs and speakers
5 pm public hearing begins
Please be prepared to speak or bring a letter stating whether you are in favour of this sort of development along the park.
This is the last chance for public comment. Don't miss out! After this comes the next phase of action.