The JNF exists to acquire land in Israel/Palestine for the sole use of Jewish people. For more than 100 years, the JNF has been complicit in expulsions of Palestinians from their homes, the destruction of their villages and prevention of the return of refugees – by planting trees over the remnants of the destroyed homes.
Don’t support the JNF’s ‘Green Sunday’. Instead, use the opportunity to:
- Endorse the call against the JNF
- Read the Open Letter to Environmentalists by Eurig Scandrett
- Read the testimony from Friends of the Earth Palestine
- Protest the JNF’s presence at environmental events such as Rio+20 this year
- Help the ecological rehabilitation of Palestine by planting a tree in Palestine
- Find out more about the JNF’s greenwash from the e-book Greenwashing Apartheid: The Jewish National Fund’s Environmental Cover Up